Know thy followers
Do you really know your followers on Twitter?
One great way to find out a bit about them in a quick and refreshing way is to create a “Who’s who” list of your followers, ranked according to influence. That way the most important followers are at the top of the pile.
Knowing more about your followers is always worth doing as it helps you tailor your content to meet their needs, so improving their engagement in you and your brand.
Leaderboarded.com offers an online service to create a beautiful Who’s Who list of your followers at the click of your mouse via a Power Leaderboard. The list you create stays live for 7 days and then its a small monthly fee to subscribe if you want to continue using the service. Continuing using it allows new followers to be added automatically and follower ranks to change as their influence changes over time.
- Sign up to Leaderboarded with your Twitter Account
- Click on Create Leaderboard, choose Social Media and the Power Leaderboard template
- Give your leaderboard a name and choose My Followers for the list of players
- Wait 3-5 minutes while leaderboarded processes it for you
- Hey presto! A very interesting power leaderboard of your followers.
You may want to go further and share the leaderboard with your followers. To do this:
- Go to Channels – Leaderboarded and Edit the settings to make sure you are happy with the copy on the page
- Go to Options and change the privacy of the leaderboard from Stealth (meaning no-one can see it) to Public.
- Under Channels – Twitter – choose Compose Tweets and share the leaderboard with your top 10 followers. They will be delighted.
Instant social media engagement
It helps your followers get to know each other and you to get to know your followers. What’s not to like about that?
Don’t forget you can also use the Power Leaderboard technique with Twitter Bio Searches (i.e.create a who’s who of all Plumbers on twitter) and Twitter Lists (everyone on one of your Twitter Lists you’ve created or a Twitter List you subscribe to)
Let me know in the comments how you get on and share a link to your leaderboard!