Quick Tips for Social Media.
Social Media maybe a mine field for many people, but in all honesty it is a very simple solution for people to promote both themselves and their businesses. There is no rocket science behind social media, see it just like attending one of your breakfast meeting business networking events – A place to be seen in the correct light, convey the right message about yourself and network with likeminded, local people who may choose to do business with you directly or promote you to their own network.
Some very basic tips are below, in no particular order, but useful to take in to consideration when running your own social media:
- Brand your profiles consistantly across all social media channels you use.
- Make sure you understand why you are using social media and what you want to get from using it.
- Remember to share other people’s content, think not of only self promotion, but that of others too and especially if they are your target audience and in your local community.
- Use social media respectfully, remember that just like in life, the words ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ go a very long way.
- What you put in is usually what you get out. Spend as much time as you can on social media, study it to understand how it works and to deliver great content that will get you known and respected for the industry sector you work in.
- Advertise that you are on social media, make sure your logos are on your website and any other form of marketing material such as leaflets, business cards, for sale boards and more…
- Do not spam. Remember that social media is a ‘social’ marketing tool, just as you would rebel spamming through your letter box or via email, people displike it as much when it happens on social media.