Making estate agency software and social media work together.
Making estate agency software and social media work together
We’ve all heard of the ever-growing importance of social media marketing, but do you know how your agency can entwine your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn efforts with your estate agency software system?
We’ve got some fantastic tips to help you not only save time, but also make an impact of the world of social media:
- Track and follow trends: Twitter and increasingly, Facebook both provide you with the opportunity to track trends. Stay on top of what’s happening within your local town, or within the property industry to help your agency stay one step ahead of your competition.
- Embrace the Twitter timeline and social media share and like facilities within your website, not only does it help you build your online community, it encourages those accessing your site to like and share content, ultimately spreading your brand.
- Track all leads from social media: your software provider should allow you to input and track all enquiries, so make sure you take note of every lead via social media within your software, to allow you to capture the information you need.
- Share unique properties and deals you have available to the market within your social media platform. This will grab the interest of those who may be on the market for a property, or will encourage followers to share, thus spreading your brand and online advertising.
- Make use of social media tools such as Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to time your posts throughout the day to grab the attention of various followers who log in and out over the course of the day and evening.
- Think about the content you’re sharing, is it interesting? Would it warrant a like or a share? Whether it’s agency news, industry news, feel-good stories or community news, they can all make a difference in spreading your brand.
- As part of your morning checklist, as make sure you dip into your social media channels, as more and more of your prospective market are taking to social media for recommendations and finding their next property/agency to sell or let with.
- Encourage colleagues to embrace social media, however ensure that any personal accounts clearly display “views are my own” and do not reflect that of your agency (it simply give you extra voices, a wider online community without taking away a colleague’s personal likes and beliefs).
Social media is a great and relatively cheap way to encourage brand exposure, share useful content, market unique properties, and build up an online community. Simply by following these tips, you can make a positive impact on your 2014 social media campaign.
We deliver estate and letting agents throughout the UK with innovative property software. With expert training sessions, a dedicated Support Desk open six days a week and an in-house design studio, your agency can look and feel great with Jupix by your side.