Facts about Facebook 2013.
29th December 2013
Let’s face it, you see Facebook everywhere and anywhere from your desk top computer at work to mobile phones on the train home, but just how popular is this social media platform. Here are some interesting facts from 2013 about Facebook:
- Every 20 minutes, there are almost 2 million status updates.
- Now over 1,15 billion active users Facebook is almost as big as the largest countries of the world (China counts 1,3 billion inhabitants and India 1,2 billion).
- Facebook now counts a total of approximately 250 billion photos stored on its server.
- There are over 600 million average daily users on Facebook today.
- There are over 16 million Facebook fan pages.
- Facebook has 5,299 employees as of June 2013.
- It is said that there are around 80 million fake Facebook accounts.
- Because of Facebook, there are 4 new billionaires!
- According to Nielsen, 2.5 billion pieces of content are shared on the site every single day.
- Facebook users have uploaded over a quarter of a trillion photographs.
- Local businesses’ Facebook pages average 645 million views per week.
- 25% of teens log into to social media 10+ times per day.
- According to another report by Hubstop, around 70% of the consumer marketers have benefited through Facebook.