Social media is too important not to be included in a modern marketing campaign. With that said, many young and eager entrepreneurs make the mistake of thinking that garnering a following on Facebook or any other social media platform for that matter is a piece of cake. It isn’t, and there’s a big difference between being on social media, and being somebody on social media. For example, if you’ve just opened a personal trainer business, the way you post on Facebook can determine whether you get as big as Origym or if no one hears about your business. We’re going to help you get a better understanding of how you can use social media to boost your business, so make sure you keep reading.
1. Using social media effectively
One of the most commonly seen and significant problems is that people are trying to use social media to sell. That’s not a good strategy, especially if you’re just starting out and you don’t have a following. You will get little to no people interested in buying from you straight away, mostly because no one knows who you are. Instead, you should focus your resources and efforts into pure promotion and get your name out there.
How do I do that?
It’s quite simple. Instead of looking to bring people over to your page, you should go to the people. The best thing about social media is that it allows for smaller groups to form. Stay on top of everything going on in big social groups that revolve around your area of expertise. It’s all about making sure people know who you are. As you start gaining a reputation as an expert on the field people will start recognizing you more and more online. Ultimately, they will visit your page when they need help in the field because they know you can probably help them.
2. Get them to comment
A common misconception is that a post with as many likes as possible is a won battle. That’s far from accurate, because comments are just as relevant, if not even more critical in some cases than the likes. Make sure you get your following common on your posts. It doesn’t have to be anything long or super meaningful. Even the smallest comment will help improve your rankings because posting makes your posts visible to more people.
3. Post often, regularly, and varied
Posting is a huge part of social media marketing. Social media revolves around posts in general so mastering the art of making the most of your posts is vital for a successful campaign. Here are some guidelines that you want to take into consideration about your posting habits:
• Post regularly. It’s imperative that you get your following used to regularity in your posts, that way they will begin to expect and look forward to your next posts.
• Post often. Posting every day is excellent, but it might not be enough. Try to post multiple times a day, because the more content you put out there, the better. Just make sure that all your posts are meaningful and not just filler, cheap material.
• Post varied. So now we’ve established that you should post multiple times every day. But if you post the same thing three times instead of just once, it won’t do you any good. Make sure to include plenty of variety. Your particular line of work might either make that hard or facilitate it. Either way, make sure you give readers all kinds of things to read or look at.
Social media is an excellent medium for marketing, and it can put an entrepreneur on a direct line with a considerable following about their targeted demographic. However, these benefits need to be earned, and that can only be done through smart usage of the tools social media puts at your disposal.